How to Build Wooden Boats: With 16 Small-Boat Designs (Dover Woodworking)
List Price: $12.95
Amazon.com's Price: $7.92You Save: $5.03 (39%)as of 07/18/2019 01:08 EDT
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
This item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
Edition: Revised ed.
Item Dimensions: 12009007550
Label: Dover Publications
Languages: EnglishPublishedEnglishOriginal LanguageEnglishUnknown
Manufacturer: Dover Publications
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 96
Publication Date: February 05, 1993
Publisher: Dover Publications
Release Date: February 05, 1993
Studio: Dover Publications
Alternate Versions: Click to Display
- Ultrasimple Boat Building: 17 Plywood Boats Anyone Can Build
- Fifty Wooden Boats: A Catalog of Building Plans, Vol.1
- Boatbuilding for Beginners (and Beyond): Everything You Need to Know to Build a Sailboat, a Rowboat, a Motorboat, a Canoe, and More!
- Boatbuilding Manual, Fifth Edition
- Building Classic Small Craft : Complete Plans and Instructions for 47 Boats
- Boatbuilding: A Complete Handbook of Wooden Boat Construction
- Building Strip-Planked Boats
- Forty Wooden Boats: A Third Catalog of Building Plans
- Building a Strip Canoe, Second Edition, Revised & Expanded: Full-Sized Plans and Instructions for 8 Easy-To-Build, Field-Tested Canoes (Fox Chapel Publishing) Step-by-Step; 100+ Photos & Illustrations
- Instant Boatbuilding with Dynamite Payson: 15 Instant Boats for Power, Sail, Oar, and Paddle
- see more
Browse for similar items by category: Click to Display
Written especially for the amateur boat builder, this concise guidebook contains clear, practical directions and designs for building 16 modern small boats, rowboats, sailboats, outboards, a 125-class hydroplane, and a runabout. You'll find detailed step-by-step instructions, with diagrams, for each design presented. The construction techniques have been kept as simple as possible; moreover, the standardized techniques described and illustrated here are used in boat yards and can be used to construct a variety of other craft not included in this volume.
After an enlightening general discussion of small boat building, Mr. Monk, a noted naval architect, presents detailed guidelines for selecting a design, choosing and assembling building materials, and building and finishing the craft. Boat builders can choose from these basic designs: nine-foot dinghy, eight-foot punt, two skiffs, two outboard boats for camping and fishing enthusiasts, two outboard runabouts, an outboard cruiser, outboard racer, racing hydroplane, 18-foot runabout, simplified sailer, centerboard sloop, racing sailboat, and keel sloop.
With this book at your fingertips, you can experience the satisfaction of building and using a strong, well-proportioned craft, designed by an expert — a boat that offers hours of enjoyment, both in the workshop and on the water.
Top Rated Sites
Most Popular Sites