The Torts Process [Connected Casebook] (Aspen Casebook)
List Price: $265.00
Amazon.com's Price: $119.25You Save: $145.75 (55%)as of 03/23/2019 04:24 EDT
Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Item Dimensions: 1025775415175
Label: Aspen Publishers
Languages: EnglishPublishedEnglishOriginal LanguageEnglishUnknown
Manufacturer: Aspen Publishers
Number Of Pages: 1000
Publication Date: February 24, 2017
Publisher: Aspen Publishers
Studio: Aspen Publishers
Alternate Versions: Click to Display
Browse for similar items by category: Click to Display
Buy a new version of this Connected Casebook and receive access to the online e-book, practice questions from your favorite study aids, and an outline tool on CasebookConnect, the all in one learning solution for law school students. CasebookConnect offers you what you need most to be successful in your law school classes portability, meaningful feedback, and greater efficiency.
The Torts Process, Ninth Editionuses a student-friendly, procedurally-focused approach that relies on proven problem-and-cases pedagogy to illuminate the overarching structure and organization of tort law. Its lively mix of problems, cases, notes, and questions stimulate thought and discussion, while providing a firm foundation in tort doctrine, history, and theory.
Comprehensive updating and expansion throughout of the casebook s Law and Behavior notes which summarize social scientific and empirical research on human behavior, legaldecisionmaking, and the tort system.
- Expanded substantive coverage on numerous topics (e.g., market share liability, governmental immunity, insurance, and alternative compensation mechanisms).
- Revisions reflect contemporary concerns and challenges, such as incorporating a new problem on campus sexual assault and competing consent standards; enhancing an existing problem to raise issues concerning racial profiling/prejudice in the context of terrorist acts by Islamic extremists; and substantial updating of the intentional tort chapter to reflect debates concerning police conduct, race relations, and the psychology of prejudice.
- New lead cases offer compelling teaching opportunities on a variety of topics, including:
- The role of duty in tort doctrine
- The connection between actual and proximate causation
- The role of trespass and nuisance causes of action in the context of pollution
- Strict liability for abnormally dangerous activities
- The role of consumer expectations in design defect litigation
- Warning defect liability
- The collateral source role
- Interpretation of allegedly defamatory statements
- The actual malice standard for defamation
- Commercial appropriation, In re NCAAStudent AthleteName & Likeness LicensingLitig.
- Financial misrepresentation
- Tortiousinterference with prospective business relations
- The viability of Alien Tort Statute claimspost-Kiobel
Law school comes with a lot of reading, so access your enhanced e-book anytime, anywhere to keep up with your coursework. Highlight, take notes in the margins, and search the full text to quickly find coverage of legal topics.
Quiz yourself before class and prep for your exam in the Study Center. Practice questions fromExamples & Explanations,Emanuel Law Outlines,Emanuel Law in a Flashflashcards, and other best-selling study aid series help you study for exams while tracking your strengths and weaknesses to help optimize your study time.
Most professors will tell you that starting your outline early is key to being successful in your law school classes. The Outline Tool automatically populates your notes and highlights from the e-book into an editable format to accelerate your outline creation and increase study time later in the semester.
Top Rated Sites
Most Popular Sites