How to Build Wooden Boats: With 16 Small-Boat Designs (Dover Woodworking)
Binding: Kindle Edition
Edition: Revised ed.
Format: Kindle eBook
Label: Dover Publications
Manufacturer: Dover Publications
Number Of Pages: 96
Publication Date: August 02, 2012
Publisher: Dover Publications
Release Date: July 05, 2012
Studio: Dover Publications
Alternate Versions: Click to Display
- Ultrasimple Boat Building: 18 Plywood Boats Anyone Can Build
- Buehler's Backyard Boatbuilding for the 21st Century
- The Boatbuilder's Apprentice: The Ins and Outs of Building Lapstrake, Carvel, Stitch-and-Glue, Strip-Planked, and Other Wooden Boa
- Boatbuilding Manual, Fifth Edition
- Instant Boatbuilding with Dynamite Payson: 15 Instant Boats for Power, Sail, Oar, and Paddle
- Building Strip-Planked Boats
- Practical Boat Building for Amateurs: Full Instructions for Designing and Building Punts, Skiffs, Canoes, Sailing Boats, Etc.
- Modern Boat Building
- BUILD THIS BOAT.
- The Dinghy Cruising Companion: Tales and Advice from Sailing a Small Open Boat
- see more
Browse for similar items by category: Click to Display
Written especially for the amateur boat builder, this concise guidebook contains clear, practical directions and designs for building 16 modern small boats, rowboats, sailboats, outboards, a 125-class hydroplane, and a runabout. You'll find detailed step-by-step instructions, with diagrams, for each design presented. The construction techniques have been kept as simple as possible; moreover, the standardized techniques described and illustrated here are used in boat yards and can be used to construct a variety of other craft not included in this volume.
After an enlightening general discussion of small boat building, Mr. Monk, a noted naval architect, presents detailed guidelines for selecting a design, choosing and assembling building materials, and building and finishing the craft. Boat builders can choose from these basic designs: nine-foot dinghy, eight-foot punt, two skiffs, two outboard boats for camping and fishing enthusiasts, two outboard runabouts, an outboard cruiser, outboard racer, racing hydroplane, 18-foot runabout, simplified sailer, centerboard sloop, racing sailboat, and keel sloop.
With this book at your fingertips, you can experience the satisfaction of building and using a strong, well-proportioned craft, designed by an expert — a boat that offers hours of enjoyment, both in the workshop and on the water.
Top Rated Sites
Most Popular Sites