A Study in Scarlet (1891 Illustrated Edition): 100th Anniversary Collection
Amazon.com's Price: $7.49as of 12/12/2019 17:45 EST
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
This item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
Item Dimensions: 9006005138
Label: SeaWolf Press
Languages: EnglishPublishedEnglishOriginal LanguageEnglishUnknown
Manufacturer: SeaWolf Press
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 152
Publication Date: October 27, 2018
Publisher: SeaWolf Press
Studio: SeaWolf Press
Browse for similar items by category: Click to Display
SeaWolf Press is proud to offer another book in its Arthur Conan Doyle 100th Anniversary Collection. Each book in the collection contains the text, illustrations, and cover from the first or early edition. Use Amazon's Lookinside feature to compare this edition with others. You'll be impressed by the differences. If you like our book, be sure to leave a review! Our version has:
- 40 original illustrations. Don't be fooled by other versions with missing or made-up pictures.
- Text that has been proofread to avoid errors common in other versions.
- A beautiful cover that replicates the first edition cover, in this case the magazine in which the material first appeared.
- The complete text in an easy-to-read font similar to the original.
- Properly formatted text complete with correct indenting, spacing, footnotes, italics, and tables.
Look for other Arthur Conan Doyle books in our 100th Anniversary Collection.
A Study in Scarlet first appeared in 1887 in Beeton's Christmas Annual and was marked the first appearance of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson, who would become the most famous detective duo in popular fiction. The book's title derives from a speech given by Holmes, a consulting detective, to his friend and chronicler Watson on the nature of his work, in which he describes the story's murder investigation as his "study in scarlet". The story, and its main characters, attracted little public interest when it first appeared. This book is the first of four full-length novels about Holmes. Doyle's other works were collections of short stories.
Top Rated Sites
Most Popular Sites