World Literature for Christian Homeschoolers, Volume 2: Stories, Essays, and Speeches of the World
Amazon.com's Price: $14.97as of 06/20/2019 09:34 EDT
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
This item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
Item Dimensions: 90060053
Label: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Languages: EnglishPublishedEnglishOriginal LanguageEnglishUnknown
Manufacturer: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Number Of Pages: 233
Publication Date: August 22, 2018
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Studio: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Browse for similar items by category: Click to Display
Volume 2: Stories, Essays, and Speeches of the World is part of World Literature for Christian Homeschoolers, a four-day-a-week, 30-week reading plan for Christian homeschooled high schoolers. This volume is, like the other volumes of World Literature for Christian Homeschoolers, complete with footnotes, study questions, “For Additional Thought” questions, and a free color-coded 30-week, four-day-per-week reading plan (via email).
Here’s what you get with the entire World Literature for Christian Homeschoolers set:
• Great Reads! World Literature for Christian Homeschoolers pulls together many of the greatest ancient writings, novels (set in historically significant eras and places in world history), stories, essays, and speeches from around the world.
• A Helpful, 30-Week Reading Schedule. No more “What should we read this week?” Each volume of World Literature for Christian Homeschoolers contains a 30-week, four-day-per-week schedule that maps out your student’s literature reading for the year. Your family also gets a free download of a full-color, easy-to-follow version of the reading schedule.
• A Christian Worldview. World Literature for Christian Homeschoolers is presented from a Bible-believing, Christian point of view, which is reflected in the selection introductions, footnotes, and review questions—many of which offer relevant scripture passages for students to research and compare to the literature selections.
• Introductions, Footnotes, and Review Questions. These put writings into historical context, assist students in understanding archaic terms, clear up potentially hazy passages, and point the student to think about and understand important ideas presented.
• Free Tests and Test Answer Keys. World Literature for Christian Homeschoolers includes 13 tests (via email request) covering the readings. Parents: Answer keys to the tests are included!
• A Free Answer Key to Review Questions. Parents, you can discuss the questions at the end of each selection with your student—fully armed with the answer key!
Note: There is no Volume 3 or Volume 6 listed on Amazon.com for World Literature for Christian Homeschoolers, because for Volume 3 students use David Bercot’s Let Me Die in Ireland, available at www.scrollpublishing.com or Amazon.com. For Volume 6 students use George Orwell’s Animal Farm (I use the anniversary edition, available at Amazon.com. Warning: Don’t read the introduction of this version of Animal Farm; it gives away the plot!).
About Scott Clifton - Scott Clifton is a fervent homeschooling advocate and dad from North Carolina. Just SECONDS after his first child was born, as he took his little baby boy and held him close to his chest, he looked down and immediately knew—right then in his heart—that he would never be able to wear that particular shirt again. (Also, that he and his wife Julie would homeschool their children, which they have done since 1994.)
In 2002, the Lord led Scott into the field of home school education, and that year he began teaching once-a-week high school classes full time as the owner and operator of Home School Partners.
Top Rated Sites
Most Popular Sites