The Winter Harvest Handbook: Year Round Vegetable Production Using Deep-Organic Techniques and Unheated Greenhouses
List Price: $29.95
Amazon.com's Price: $22.62You Save: $7.33 (24%)as of 03/21/2019 20:07 EDT
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
This item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
Brand: Chelsea Green Pub Co
Feature: Ships from Vermont
Item Dimensions: 100070113579
Label: Chelsea Green Publishing
Languages: EnglishPublishedEnglishOriginal LanguageEnglishUnknown
Manufacturer: Chelsea Green Publishing
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 264
Publication Date: April 15, 2009
Publisher: Chelsea Green Publishing
Studio: Chelsea Green Publishing
Alternate Versions: Click to Display
- Four-Season Harvest: Organic Vegetables from Your Home Garden All Year Long, 2nd Edition
- The New Organic Grower, 3rd Edition: A Master's Manual of Tools and Techniques for the Home and Market Gardener, 30th Anniversary Edition
- The Greenhouse and Hoophouse Grower's Handbook: Organic Vegetable Production Using Protected Culture
- The Market Gardener: A Successful Grower's Handbook for Small-scale Organic Farming
- The New Organic Grower: A Master's Manual of Tools and Techniques for the Home and Market Gardener, 2nd Edition (A Gardener's Supply Book)
- The Year-Round Vegetable Gardener: How to Grow Your Own Food 365 Days a Year, No Matter Where You Live
- The Urban Farmer: Growing Food for Profit on Leased and Borrowed Land
- Compact Farms: 15 Proven Plans for Market Farms on 5 Acres or Less; Includes Detailed Farm Layouts for Productivity and Efficiency
- The Year-Round Hoophouse: Polytunnels for All Seasons and All Climates
- How to Grow More Vegetables, Ninth Edition: (and Fruits, Nuts, Berries, Grains, and Other Crops) Than You Ever Thought Possible on Less Land with Less Water Than You Can Imagine
- see more
Browse for similar items by category: Click to Display
Choosing locally grown organic food is a sustainable living trend that’s taken hold throughout North America. Celebrated farming expert Eliot Coleman helped start this movement with The New Organic Grower published 20 years ago. He continues to lead the way, pushing the limits of the harvest season while working his world-renowned organic farm in Harborside, Maine.
Now, with his long-awaited new book, The Winter Harvest Handbook, anyone can have access to his hard-won experience. Gardeners and farmers can use the innovative, highly successful methods Coleman describes in this comprehensive handbook to raise crops throughout the coldest of winters.
Building on the techniques that hundreds of thousands of farmers and gardeners adopted from The New Organic Grower and Four-Season Harvest, this new book focuses on growing produce of unparalleled freshness and quality in customized unheated or, in some cases, minimally heated, movable plastic greenhouses.
Coleman offers clear, concise details on greenhouse construction and maintenance, planting schedules, crop management, harvesting practices, and even marketing methods in this complete, meticulous, and illustrated guide. Readers have access to all the techniques that have proven to produce higher-quality crops on Coleman’s own farm.
His painstaking research and experimentation with more than 30 different crops will be valuable to small farmers, homesteaders, and experienced home gardeners who seek to expand their production seasons.
A passionate advocate for the revival of small-scale sustainable farming, Coleman provides a practical model for supplying fresh, locally grown produce during the winter season, even in climates where conventional wisdom says it “just can’t be done.”
Top Rated Sites
Most Popular Sites