Mini Farming: Self-Sufficiency on 1/4 Acre
List Price: $18.95
Amazon.com's Price: $17.06You Save: $1.89 (10%)as of 06/24/2019 15:44 EDT
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
This item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
Brand: Markham, Brett L.
Feature: Mini Farming Self Sufficiency on 1 4 Acre
Item Dimensions: 110085023660
Languages: EnglishPublishedEnglishOriginal LanguageEnglishUnknown
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 240
Publication Date: April 01, 2010
Release Date: April 01, 2010
- Mini Farming Self Sufficiency on 1 4 Acre
Alternate Versions: Click to Display
- 40 Projects for Building Your Backyard Homestead: A Hands-on, Step-by-Step Sustainable-Living Guide (Creative Homeowner) Includes Fences, Coops, Sheds, Wind & Solar Power, Rooftop & Vertical Gardening
- The Backyard Homestead: Produce all the food you need on just a quarter acre!
- Back to Basics: A Complete Guide to Traditional Skills (Back to Basics Guides)
- The Encyclopedia of Country Living, 40th Anniversary Edition: The Original Manual for Living off the Land & Doing It Yourself
- The Vegetable Gardener's Bible, 2nd Edition: Discover Ed's High-Yield W-O-R-D System for All North American Gardening Regions: Wide Rows, Organic Methods, Raised Beds, Deep Soil
- Greenhouse Gardening: How to Build a Greenhouse and Grow Vegetables, Herbs and Fruit All Year-Round (Urban Homesteading)
- The Backyard Homestead Seasonal Planner: What to Do & When to Do It in the Garden, Orchard, Barn, Pasture & Equipment Shed
- Grow All You Can Eat in Three Square Feet: Inventive Ideas for Growing Food in a Small Space
- Going Off the Grid: The How-To-Book of Simple Living and Happiness
- The Week-by-Week Vegetable Gardener's Handbook: Make the Most of Your Growing Season
- see more
Browse for similar items by category: Click to Display
Start a mini farm on a quarter acre or less, provide 85 percent of the food for a family of four and earn an income.
Mini Farming describes a holistic approach to small-area farming that will show you how to produce 85 percent of an average family’s food on just a quarter acre—and earn $10,000 in cash annually while spending less than half the time that an ordinary job would require. Even if you have never been a farmer or a gardener, this book covers everything you need to know to get started: buying and saving seeds, starting seedlings, establishing raised beds, soil fertility practices, composting, dealing with pest and disease problems, crop rotation, farm planning, and much more. Because self-sufﬁciency is the objective, subjects such as raising backyard chickens and home canning are also covered along with numerous methods for keeping costs down and production high. Materials, tools, and techniques are detailed with photographs, tables, diagrams, and illustrations.
Top Rated Sites
Most Popular Sites