40 Projects for Building Your Backyard Homestead: A Hands-on, Step-by-Step Sustainable-Living Guide (Creative Homeowner) Includes Fences, Coops, Sheds, Wind & Solar Power, Rooftop & Vertical Gardening
List Price: $16.95
Amazon.com's Price: $12.91You Save: $4.04 (24%)as of 06/24/2019 21:59 EDT
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
This item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
Brand: Design Originals
Feature: Used Book in Good Condition
Item Dimensions: 108885018344
Label: Creative Homeowner
Languages: EnglishPublishedEnglishOriginal LanguageEnglishUnknown
Manufacturer: Creative Homeowner
MPN: colour illustrations, frontispiece
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 256
Publication Date: August 06, 2013
Publisher: Creative Homeowner
Release Date: July 09, 2013
Studio: Creative Homeowner
- Used Book in Good Condition
Alternate Versions: Click to Display
- The Backyard Homestead: Produce all the food you need on just a quarter acre!
- The Backyard Homestead Seasonal Planner: What to Do & When to Do It in the Garden, Orchard, Barn, Pasture & Equipment Shed
- The Backyard Homestead Book of Building Projects: 76 Useful Things You Can Build to Create Customized Working Spaces and Storage Facilities, Equip the ... Animals, and Make Practical Outdoor Furniture
- Back to Basics: A Complete Guide to Traditional Skills (Back to Basics Guides)
- Mini Farming: Self-Sufficiency on 1/4 Acre
- The Encyclopedia of Country Living, 40th Anniversary Edition: The Original Manual for Living off the Land & Doing It Yourself
- Self Sufficiency for the 21st Century, Revised & Updated
- The Backyard Homestead Guide to Raising Farm Animals: Choose the Best Breeds for Small-Space Farming, Produce Your Own Grass-Fed Meat, Gather Fresh ... Rabbits, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cattle, & Bees
- Going Off the Grid: The How-To-Book of Simple Living and Happiness
- The Backyard Homestead Book of Kitchen Know-How: Field-to-Table Cooking Skills
- see more
Browse for similar items by category: Click to Display
Learn all about how to build sheds, feeders, fences, and other backyard structures to enhance your sustainable living!
- Garden structures: Raised beds, planters and arbors, self-watering beds, grow-light stand, soil blocks
- Fences and pens: Fence post basics, picket fence, solar electric fence, installing and stretching fences, hen pen and hurdle, gates, PVC hen pen
- Housing chickens: Basics for housing chickens, building a coop and run, complete material and cutting lists, exploded views, building an A-frame chicken tractor
- Building sheds: Basics for building, goat shed, saltbox garden shed, backyard-homestead shop, roofing alternatives
- Solar and wind power: Compressor and gearbox windmills, how solar works, erecting a windmill, installing a solar power system
- Aquaponics and hydroponics: Understanding aquaponics, understanding hydroponics, basics of a DIY aquaponic system, how to install a hydroponic system
- Building beehives: Langstroth beehive, Warré beehive, top-bar beehive (aka the Kenyan or Tanzanian beehive), step-by-step building instructions and exploded views
- Plumbing and wiring: Plumbing basics, ground-fault circuit interrupters, freeze-proof watering options, outdoor wiring, supplemental lighting
A companion volume to Backyard Homesteading, 40 Projects for Building Your Backyard Homestead provides details on how to build more than 40 projects to enhance your sustainable living.
The projects in this book are designed with simplicity, convenience, and budget in mind. You will also find help on how to expand or contract the projects to suit your needs.
With step-by-step instructions, tools and materials lists, exploded views, and easy-to-understand techniques, even if you are only moderately handy, you'll discover how to build your own feeders, fences, and structures. In the process, you'll save money and have the satisfaction of doing it yourself!
Top Rated Sites
Most Popular Sites