Wire-Wrapped Jewelry Techniques: Tools and Inspiration for Creating Your Own Fashionable Jewelry (Fox Chapel Publishing) 30 Expert Wire-Wrapping Techniques Step-by-Step, plus 8 Stylish Projects
List Price: $18.99
Amazon.com's Price: $11.69You Save: $7.30 (38%)as of 11/19/2019 06:44 EST
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
This item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
Brand: Design Originals
Item Dimensions: 8907009550
Label: Fox Chapel Publishing
Languages: EnglishPublishedEnglishOriginal LanguageEnglishUnknown
Manufacturer: Fox Chapel Publishing
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 176
Publication Date: September 10, 2018
Publisher: Fox Chapel Publishing
Release Date: September 10, 2018
Studio: Fox Chapel Publishing
Alternate Versions: Click to Display
Browse for similar items by category: Click to Display
This comprehensive guide to wire-wrapping jewelry covers all the techniques beginners need to know!
- 30 expert wire wrapping techniques step-by-step, including simple loops, cluster wrap, adding beads to wrapping wire, adding a coil element, wrapping sequential layers, and more
- 8 stylish DIY projects for statement jewelry like necklaces, pendants, hairpins, and earrings
- Comprehensive guide includes step-by-step instructions, lists of materials and tools needed, and helpful tips and tricks
- Beginner-friendly for anyone who is new to wire wrapping or just wants to brush up on techniques
Wire wrapping is a quick and easy technique that will take your jewelry craft to the next level. A little wire, a few simple tools, and some brightly colored beads are all you need to start creating your own intriguing fashion statements! By adding new wires to basic links, you can alter simple shapes into complex and fascinating focal designs.
Wire-Wrapped Jewelry Techniques teaches 30 expert wire wrapping methods for jewelry wire, such as forming bent-wire links, working a wrapping pattern, wrapping sequential layers, embellishing decorative loops, adding coil elements, and much more. This comprehensive guide to wire wrap jewelry includes 8 step-by-step projects for stunning necklaces, pendants, hairpins, and earrings.
Internationally recognized craft author and instructor Lora S. Irish shows you how to use a handful of tools and materials to produce fun and elegant pieces simply by learning the basic steps. Achieve that bold designer look without breaking the bank!
In Wire-Wrapped Jewelry Techniques, you'll learn how to:
- Add texture using tightly packed wire‑wrapped coils
- Add a grunge look using random, loosely packed twists and turns
- Add bead clusters anywhere on a bent‑wire link
- Secure free-floating arms and anchor open hoops
- Experiment with added coils and beaded wires
- Create intricate woven patterns with wire
- Create connecting loops to add side chains and earring hooks
- And much more!
This handy jewelry guide from the legendary Lora Irish will have even beginners creating eye candy jewelry that's runway ready!
"It may take practice to get as good as Irish... but it will surely be worth it"
—BRISTOL HERALD COURIER
"[Lora] takes you through the basics... and then sets you on the path to designing your own pieces right away so you can free your inner jewelry artist"
"If you are interested in designing jewelry using wire‑wrapping techniques, then [Lora Irish's book] is a must"
Top Rated Sites
Most Popular Sites