Stress-free Sailing: Single and Short-handed Techniques
List Price: $25.00
Amazon.com's Price: $23.12You Save: $1.88 ( 8%)as of 10/16/2019 01:59 EDT
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
This item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
Brand: St Martins Pr
Feature: St Martins Pr
Item Dimensions: 98371010239
Label: Adlard Coles
Languages: EnglishPublishedEnglishOriginal LanguageEnglishUnknown
Manufacturer: Adlard Coles
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 160
Publication Date: May 12, 2015
Publisher: Adlard Coles
Release Date: May 12, 2015
Studio: Adlard Coles
Alternate Versions: Click to Display
- Maneuver and Dock Your Sailboat Under Power: High Winds, Current, Tight Marina, Backing In? No Problems!
- Singlehanded Sailing: Thoughts, Tips, Techniques & Tactics
- Don Casey's Complete Illustrated Sailboat Maintenance Manual: Including Inspecting the Aging Sailboat, Sailboat Hull and Deck Repair, Sailboat Refinishing, Sailbo
- Boatowners Mechanical and Electrical Manual 4/E
- Storm Tactics Handbook: Modern Methods of Heaving-to for Survival in Extreme Conditions, 3rd Edition
- Inspecting the Aging Sailboat (The International Marine Sailboat Library)
- Marine Diesel Engines: Maintenance, Troubleshooting, and Repair
- How to Read a Nautical Chart, 2nd Edition (Includes ALL of Chart #1): A Complete Guide to Using and Understanding Electronic and Paper Charts
- Illustrated Sail & Rig Tuning: Genoa & mainsail trim, spinnaker & gennaker, rig tuning (Illustrated Nautical Manuals)
- Get Real, Get Gone: How to Become a Modern Sea Gypsy and Sail Away Forever
- see more
Browse for similar items by category: Click to Display
The vast majority of sailing yacht scenarios comprise a couple sailing the boat together, needing to carry out all maneuvers and activities themselves with no help from a back-up crew. Their boat handling, navigation, sail handling, anchoring, and mooring skills all have to be carried out both efficiently and effectively, preferably with a minimum of physical effort (to conserve energy).
But most sailing technique books assume a crew of three or four, all willing to lend a hand. This book is therefore a first, addressing the most common sailing scenarios that anyone cruising will have to deal with, and providing clever, original, highly effective (and most important, successfully tried and tested by the author) techniques and solutions for dealing with the huge variety of essential operations on a boat--from sail setting and reefing; to picking up mooring buoys in a variety of wind and tide situations; to anchoring, berthing, and leaving a pontoon shorthanded; to picking up a man overboard; to sailing in fog and heavy weather--and even going up the mast.
This book will be a godsend to anyone sailing solo or shorthanded--including couples with young children who need to be supervised by one parent whilst the other runs the boat.
Organized into techniques for different cruising scenarios, the book features step-by-step sequential photos showing exactly how to approach each situation and carry out the task at hand.
Top Rated Sites
Most Popular Sites