Item Dimensions: 93074013375
Label: For Dummies
Languages: EnglishPublishedEnglishOriginal LanguageEnglishUnknown
Manufacturer: For Dummies
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 336
Publication Date: February 01, 2012
Publisher: For Dummies
Studio: For Dummies
Alternate Versions: Click to Display
Browse for similar items by category: Click to Display
The Titanic For Dummies paints the whole picture of the most famous maritime disaster. It examines the building of the ship, life onboard during its maiden voyage, tragic decisions made that fateful night, the discovery of the wreck, and the many controversies that have emerged in the century since the sinking. Information includes:
- Theories behind the reason for the sinking (does the blame lie with the watertight doors, bad rivets, or crew negligence?), and when and where the ship split in two.
- A detailed look at how the lack of lifeboats — and the chaos that resulted in lifeboats launching before they reached capacity — resulted in lives lost.
- A Titanic “Who’s Who” identifying notable passengers, including those who were famous before the tragedy and those who gained fame because of it.
- Current thinking about reports of shots being fired onboard, the details of Captain Smith’s death, Murdoch’s possible suicide, and the band’s last song.
- Findings from the Titanic hearings on both sides of the Atlantic.
- A recounting of Robert Ballard’s discovery of the wreck in 1985 and the ongoing debate over whether to salvage the wreck or let the ship remain as a memorial to those who perished.
- A glimpse of the most fascinating artifacts salvaged from the wreckage.
- The Titanic in pop culture: from Broadway to one of the most highest grossing movies in history (being re-released in 3D in 2012 to commemorate the 100th anniversary).
Top Rated Sites
Most Popular Sites