Self-Coached Climber: The Guide to Movement, Training, Performance
List Price: $36.95
Amazon.com's Price: $23.81You Save: $13.14 (36%)as of 05/24/2019 09:11 EDT
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
This item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
Brand: Stackpole Books
Item Dimensions: 91372514044
Label: Stackpole Books
Languages: EnglishPublishedEnglishOriginal LanguageEnglishUnknown
Manufacturer: Stackpole Books
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 240
Publication Date: February 17, 2006
Publisher: Stackpole Books
Size: One Size
Studio: Stackpole Books
- In full color with 52 practical training exercises designed to advance technique
- Detailed anatomical illustrations explain climbing physiology
- Includes an 85-minute DVD that shows concepts in action
- Self-Coached Climber was named a finalist in the Mountain Exposition Category at the 2007 Banff Mountain Festival.
- Written by Dan Hague and Douglas Hunter, both elite climbers with years of training and teaching experience both out in the open air and in the gyms.
Alternate Versions: Click to Display
Browse for similar items by category: Click to Display
"Still the best book on improving at climbing ... worth every penny and more." -- Dave MacLeod, online climbing coach blog
In full color with 52 practical training exercises designed to advance technique Detailed anatomical illustrations explain climbing physiology Includes an 85-minute DVD that shows concepts in action
A dynamic package of training material from a pair of expert coaches, The Self-Coached Climber offers comprehensive instruction, from the basics of gripping holds to specific guidelines for developing a customized improvement plan. Hague and Hunter base their methods on the four fundamental components of all human movement--balance, force, time, and space--and explain how to apply these principles to achieve efficient results. The DVD presents live demonstrations of training exercises and features an original documentary of a 5.14a/b redpoint attempt by Adam Stack and Chris Lindner.
Self-Coached Climber was named a finalist in the Mountain Exposition Category at the 2007 Banff Mountain Festival. For more information go to: http://www.banffmountainfestivals.ca/festivals/2007/book/finalists.asp
Top Rated Sites
Most Popular Sites