Large Animal Internal Medicine
List Price: $242.00
Amazon.com's Price: $119.32You Save: $122.68 (51%)as of 10/23/2019 10:36 EDT
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
This item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
Item Dimensions: 1100890680230
Languages: EnglishPublishedEnglishOriginal LanguageEnglishUnknown
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 1712
Publication Date: May 14, 2014
Alternate Versions: Click to Display
Browse for similar items by category: Click to Display
Large Animal Internal Medicine, 5th Edition features a problem-based approach to the diagnosis and management of disease in horses, cattle, sheep, and goats. It offers discussions of over 150 clinical signs and manifestations, as well as comprehensive coverage of laboratory and diagnostic testing. Thoroughly revised and updated content includes new vaccines and vaccination protocols; the most current laboratories for DNA, genetic, and PCR testing; and colostrum supplements and replacers. It’s everything you need to stay up to date with the latest information on preventing and treating disease in large animals.
- Discussions of over 150 clinical signs or manifestations of disease provide you with a problem-based approach to diagnosis based on what you observe and what laboratory tests reveal.
- More than 200 expert authors contribute information in their areas of expertise for the most current, authoritative information on each topic.
- Color plates accompanying Diseases of the Eye and Diseases of the Alimentary Tract chapters illustrate the clinical appearance of ophthalmologic conditions and endoscopic views of equine alimentary tract disorders.
- Causes of Presenting Signs boxes offer quick access to the common, less common, and uncommon diseases associated with manifestations or signs of disease.
- Causes of Abnormal Laboratory Values boxes highlight the possible interpretations of abnormalities in clinical chemistry, hematology, blood proteins, and clotting tests.
- An extensive list of useful references on a companion website, many linked to their original source on PubMed, enables you to continue research on specific topics of interest.
- Thorough and extensive index makes it easy to quickly locate key information.
- NEW! Extensively updated content from expert authors clarifies the latest research and clinical findings on pain, the nervous system, toxicology, BVD, malignant catarrhal fever, bluetongue, and strong ions.
- NEW! Vaccines and vaccination protocols keep you up-to-date with the information you need to prevent newly emerging diseases in large animals.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of the veterinarian’s role in animal welfare; equine abdominal ultrasound; DNA, genetic, and PCR testing; and colostrum supplements and replacers supplies you with the most current large animal internal medicine information.
- NEW! Current information on foreign animal diseases dangerous to large animals in the US, including coverage of rinderpest, keeps you aware of diseases that can be transmitted from other countries.
Top Rated Sites
Most Popular Sites